May 4, 2016
We regretfully announce that Pat Schier, one of our wonderful team of Outreach Coordinators, will be retiring from employment at St. Philip's. Please join us in wishing her well, and thanking her for her devoted service to this parish. At this time, St. Philip's will begin accepting applications for the position of Social Outreach Coordinator, details below:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Part-time, non-exempt position. Responsible for all social outreach programs in the parish in coordination with other outreach staff; conducts some counseling and referral services; acts as a parish resource for all outreach groups.
Please go to the Job Board for a complete job description and application information.
- Coordinates the Tithing Program including meeting with parishioners who are in need of financial help and ascertaining all of their needs and deciding what help the parish can provide for them.
- Runs the annual Giving Garland Program including working with CCA, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities and people in our area who are in need. Coordinating all of the 700+ gifts and their distribution and also the delivery of over 300 baskets to our seniors and those in care facilities.
- Coordinates the Minister of Care Program. This includes leading and directing the MOC in their ministry; running the monthly meeting, working with Deacon Ramiro as he gives spiritual guidance & direction to the ministers, & providing continuing education. Also handling all of the calls & e-mails of new contacts.
- Coordinates the Stephen Ministry Program. This includes leading and directing the Ministers in this program; running the monthly meeting, providing continuing education & meeting with new care receivers. Also recruit and train new Stephen Ministers.
- Coordinates the Prison Ministry Program by providing direction and guidance to those in this ministry. We also serve as the liaison between the Prison Ministers and personnel at Denton County jail. We are the collection point for Catholic, softcover bibles that are donated and distributed at the Denton County jail
- Serves as staff liaison for the Prayer Shawl Ministry by coordinating the blessing, storing and distribution of prayer shawls.
- Acts as staff liaison for the Parish Wellness Ministry with specific efforts focused on coordinating the “Friendly Visitor Program”.
- Support the efforts of the “Networking for the Unemployed and Underemployed” group by managing their Yahoo Group, job leads (including posting on the parish website), and maintaining attendance records and required materials for monthly meeting.
- Oversees the Martha’s/Women’s Club/Men’s Club/Spice of Life/Singles/Divorced/Separated/Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner/Love Thy Neighbor/CCA