our new website
Middle School Formation takes place on Wednesday nights from 7-8:30 PM in the Community Life Center. Our program is called SPY Fides and Fides means "Faith" in Latin. The sessions are held in a large group format with small group breakouts within each session. This is a great opportunity for Middle School youth to learn about Christ while building our youth community.
The first semester begins Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 and the second semester begins January 25th, 2017. In addition to the SPY Fides program, our Middle School group offers trips and events throughout the semester. All events and activities will be advertised in the bulletin, on our social media pages - Instagram and Twitter @SPYChurch, and at SPY Fides on Wednesday nights.
FALL SCHEDULE (Special event dates listed in bold)
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - SPY Fides - Chosen by God
- Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - SPY Fides - Heroic Virtue
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - SPY Fides - Thy Kingdom Come
- Sunday, October 2, 2016 - Pro-Life Chain from 2-3:30PM
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016 - SPY Fides - Life Matters
- Sunday, October 16, 2016 - SPY PARENT NIGHT @ 7PM
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - SPY Fides - Guest Presenter: Sr. Mary Clare
Come dressed as your favorite saint! Special Prizes for best costumes! Games, popcorn, hot dogs, candy, and more. SPY teens can volunteer to run the games for little ones and service hours will be provided. Please meet in the CLC by 2:30PM and RSVP to Victoria ahead of time.
- Sunday, October 23, 2016 - Trunk-R-Treat, 3PM-4:45PM
Held at Levitt Pavilion in Arlington, featuring Mass with Bishop Olson, activities and games by Group Dynamix, live music and concerts by Audrey Assad and Fr. Pontifex, food trucks and so much more. Cost is $35 which includes transportation. We will meet St. Philip at 12:30PM and return by 10PM. Please RSVP to Victoria.
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - SPY Fides - What the Church says about Halloween
- Sunday, November 6, 2016 - World Youth Day North Texas
- Wednesday, November 9, 2016 - SPY Fides - Friends Forever
Lock-In for Life is an overnight event where teens (8-12th grade) experience amazing pro-life talks, all night fun, and celebrating the gift of life with youth from all over the diocese. The Lock-In also includes music, pizza, snacks and drinks, sporting tournaments, prayer time, and a live sonogram! (A note to parents: some Pro-Life talks may contain mature abortion content.) The Kick-Off for the Pro-Life Essay Contest for the March for Life scholarships will be announced at the end of the Lock-In . We will meet at St. Philip on Saturday at 4pm and return Sunday morning at 8am. The cost is $40 which includes transportation and a t-shirt. Please RSVP to Victoria.
- Saturday, November 12-13, 2016 - Lock-In-For-Life (8th grade only)
- Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - SPY Fides - Attitude of Gratitude
- Sunday, December 4, 2016 - SPY Advent Retreat: "A friend at the door" **8th grade only Come join us for a day of activities, icebreakers, small groups, and live music that will reveal the sweet invitation God sends us through Advent. Music and talks by Luke Spehar. Retreat will be held in the CLC from 1pm-7pm and we will attend Mass at 5:30PM as part of the retreat. Retreat is open to teens in grades 8th-12th and a donation of $10 is suggested which includes snacks, activities, and a retreat t-shirt (please have teens eat lunch prior to arriving). RSVP to Victoria.
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016 - SPY Fides - All About Advent
- Sunday, December 11, 2016 - SPY PARENT NIGHT @ 7PM
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - SPY Fides - Tacky Sweater Christmas Fun
- Saturday, December 17, 2016 - Giving Garland at 9:00am in the CLC Giving Garland gift baskets are delivered to parishioners who are widowed, homebound or in care facilities in the area. This is a great service project for an entire family to do together. Any families who plan to deliver gifts together will need to sign up for a time slot on our parish website, more info here. For teens who would like to deliver Giving Garland gift baskets with other teens from SPY, please RSVP to Victoria.
SPRING SCHEDULE (Special event dates listed in bold)
Please check back regularly for more information about our events.
- Saturday, January 14, 2017 - Dallas March for Life
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Sunday, January 29, 2017 - SPY PARENT NIGHT @ 7PM
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Sunday, February 5, 2017 - FORTIFIED: Father/Son Event
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Saturday, February 25, 2017 - Diocese of Fort Worth Middle School Rally
- Saturday, March 4, 2017 - Service Saturday
- Sunday, March 5, 2017 - SPY PARENT NIGHT @ 7PM
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Saturday, April 1, 2017 - Mother/Son Event
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Sunday, April 23, 2017 - SPY PARENT NIGHT @ 7PM
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Saturday, April 29, 2017 - SPY Spring Lock-In, 8th grade only
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - SPY Fides
- Saturday, May 20, 2017 - BELOVED: Mother/Daughter Brunch & Tea 11:30AM-2:30PM